It’s May 1st. The third annual Wyrd and Wonder is finally here! It’s here, and I am already making changes to my intended reading list. But screw it, I don’t want to live in a world where chaos does not reign!*
*Only occasionally. Please moderate your chaos. Also, stay at home.
Oh my gosh you guys, there is so much to get excited about and so very much I want to read! And watch. BUT FIRST. The books! Here’s what is now “officially” on the May TBR:
- The Goblin Emperor by Katherine Addison (this year’s readalong pick!)
- The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow
- Turning Darkness Into Light by Marie Brennan
- The Unkindest Tide by Seanan McGuire
- Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- Dragonspell by Katharine Kerr
And a few stretch goal books, if you will:
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
- The True Queen by Zen Cho
- The Unspoken Name by A.K. Larkwood
- The Queens of Innis Lear by Tessa Gratton
And then there’s a couple of dates with my screen/TV that I plan to keep!
I promised imyril a First Time livetweet of Willow, which is another classic movie I’ve never seen. Join me (at a date/time TBD) for my reactions!
There’s also very likely to be a Good Omens binge-watch on the agenda this month. I borrowed the DVD of the complete series from my mum before the lockdown, and it is STILL sitting next to the TV, crying for my attention. I have a week off from work coming up this month, so that binge is totally happening. SOON. #GoodOmens
And, time and energy permitting, there will be more besides! I’m so excited to see what all of our adventuring party get up to this year, and I plan to make the rounds of the twitter feed and all the blogs (60+ of them, this year?! WHAT) with my social hat on!
It’s going to be epic. Let’s go.