Reports came in thick and fast from our crew of explorers this week! I am loving the variety of reading material. Let’s take a look at some of what’s on offer!
- Alex at Book Blurb: Spaceside by Michael Mammay | Red Noise by John P. Murphy
- SJ Higbee at Brainfluff: The Fated Sky (Lady Astronaut #2) by Mary Robinette Kowal | Even Stranger (Strange #2) by Marilyn Messik
- Rin at The Thirteenth Shelf: Xenos (Eisenhorn #1) by Dan Abnett
- Chris at Calmgrove: The Gradual by Christopher Priest
- Mogsy at The BiblioSanctum: The Original by Mary Robinette Kowal & Brandon Sanderson (audiobook review)
- Suzy’s Cozy World: Artificial Condition (The Murderbot Diaries #2) by Martha Wells and Biosphere: Hazard by B.W. Cole (mini reviews)
- Michael at The Nashville Bookworm: Doctor Who and the Genesis of the Daleks by Terrance Dicks
- Amanda at Classy x Book Reviews: The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North | Red Rising (Red Rising Saga #1) by Pierce Brown | Mirage by Somaiya Daud | Middlegame by Seanan McGuire
- JonBob at Parsecs & Parchment: Busted Synapses by Erika L. Satifka | Repo Virtual by Corey J. White
- Maxine’s Obsessions: Junker Blues: Mars by Lon E. Varnadore | Remember by Tara C. Allred | Snowpiercer (movie review)
- John Folk-Williams at SF Mind: The Rosewater Redemption (The Wormwood Trilogy #3) by Tade Thompson
- Ollie at Infinite Speculation: The Rush’s Edge by Ginger Smith
- Lisa at Way Too Fantasy: The Many-Colored Land by Julian May (DNF review)
- Jake is Reading: Nophek Gloss (The Graven #1) by Essa Hansen
- Arina at The Bookwyrm’s Guide to the Galaxy: Refuge (The Tradepoint Saga #1) by J J Blacklocke
- Annemieke at A Dance With Books: Escaping Exodus by Nicky Drayden
- Tammy at Books Bones & Buffy: How the Multiverse Got Its Revenge by K. Eason
- Maddalena at Space and Sorcery: Dogs of War by Adrian Tchaikovsky
- Jessticulates: Gideon the Ninth (The Locked Tomb #1) by Tamsyn Muir
- imyril at There’s Always Room For One More: Velocity Weapon (The Protectorate #1) by Megan O’Keefe
Guest Posts & Interviews
Arina at The Bookwyrm’s Guide to the Galaxy offered a tasty selection of author features this week! First up was a guest post from Jordan Loyal Short, “Redrawing the Map: Blending Science Fiction and Fantasy“; next came J J Blacklocke with “Person, Place and Thing: The Art of Worldbuilding Inside and Outside the Book“; Sean Willson talked about why he reads science fiction; and finally Arina interviewed author Michelle Saftich on family, migration, and her latest book The Hatch.
Also opening her door this week was my co-host imyril, who presented an artist showcase and interview, chatting with Alex Storer and featuring some of his favourite SF artwork.
Golden Witchbreed Read Along
imyril, Mayri and I are still exploring Orthe – and flailing over how disastrously wrong everything is going for Christie… Here are the links to our Week 2 posts!
And that’s it for another stellar round-up! Keep an eye out for imyril’s half of this week’s Mission Log, where she’ll have the goods on lists and other discussions, plus giveaways and random treasure!
Just one more thing, and it’s a repeat of a housekeeping note from your consistently frazzled hosts – if you have a post up for Sci-Fi Month and have signed up to the event, please remember to add a link to the master schedule so we know where to find your stuff! It just makes our work behind the scenes a little bit easier, and we don’t sob quite so hard into our tea mugs. Thank you, we appreciate you all, and now let’s continue with our explorations!